To the Citizens of Sarasota County:
In an effort to stop the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, the Sarasota Clerk of the Circuit Court and County Comptroller has limited in-person services to the public. Members of the public are urged to conduct their business online, by phone, or by mail.
For customers who are required to report to the Clerk and Comptroller's office because they require face-to-face contact to fulfill their service need, we are prepared to serve you in a controlled environment. This enables us to serve you while adhering to the recommendations of the CDC and State Health Department to use universal precautions and social distancing practices. This may result in an increased wait time.
We will continue working diligently to provide you options and access to the services you need. Should this event require any changes to our daily operations, we will post news on our website at www.SarasotaClerk.com; in the meantime, to request news, announcements and alerts by email, sign up for eNews and Announcements.
Thank you, stay safe and healthy.
Karen E. Rushing
Clerk of the Circuit Court and County Comptroller
Limited Clerk and Comptroller Services Available
Choose a topic below to learn more about currently available services.
In an effort to stop the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, the Sarasota Clerk of the Circuit Court and County Comptroller has limited in-person services available to the public. Members of the public are urged to conduct their business online, via various e-services solutions, by phone, or by mail.
- USE OUR ONLINE SOLUTIONS: www.SarasotaClerk.com
- INQUIRE BY PHONE: 941-861-7400
- USE THE MAIL: P.O. Box 3079, Sarasota, FL 34230-3079
- SEND OVERNIGHT MAIL: 2000 Main Street, Sarasota, FL 34237
Hand deliveries and drop box services have been discontinued until further notice. Alternate delivery options remain available available.
The Board Services office location is closed to the public. In-person assistance is available, by appointment only, for the following services.
- File a Home Solicitation Permit
- View historical records
- Performing an extensive public records search
- File a Code Enforcement Appeal
- Inquire or request documents from:
Contact the Board Services department for more information or to schedule an appointment.
- CALL: 941-861-5279
- EMAIL: BoardofRecords@sarasotaclerkandcomptroller.com
- MAIL: Clerk and Comptroller, Attn: Board Records Services, P. O. Box 3079, Sarasota, FL 34230
The County Comptroller's office location is currently closed to the public. In-person assistance is available, by appointment only. Contact the County Comptroller's office for vendor and comptroller inquiries, payroll assistance, to request financial public records, or to make an appointment.
The Sarasota Clerk of the Circuit Court and County Comptroller is responding in support of the 12th Judicial Circuit's guidance by requesting customers to conduct their business online, via various e-Services solutions, by phone, or by mail service when one or more of these options are available.
You may enter the Clerk and Comptroller's office if you are in need of one of the following services:
- Seeking Emergency Court Order for temporary injunction for protection against domestic violence. Learn how to get help and find a safe place, and how to file for a restraining order (injunctions for protection.)
- Seeking Emergency Order regarding mental health issues. Learn about available mental health services.
- Seeking Emergency Relief for evictions or child pick-up order (for persons not represented by an attorney.) Learn about the eviction process and family court services.
- Viewing Evidence, by appointment only. Contact the Public Access department at 941-861-7425 to schedule an appointment.
The Clerk and Comptroller offers a variety of online court service solutions.
- Access and follow court case records with ClerkNet.
- Access and print forms online.
- File court documents electronically with the Florida Courts e-Filing Portal.
- Get text or email reminders of upcoming criminal court hearings
- Pay court fines and fees online.
- Pay child support payments online.
Report suspected fraud, waste, or abuse through the Sarasota County Fraud Hotline service.
- CALL: 855-506-0304
- MAIL: Fraud Hotline, P. O. Box 8, Sarasota, FL 34230
- FAX: 941-861-5704
The 12th Judicial Circuit has suspended all civil jury trials through December 31, 2020.
For additional information, review the 12th Judicial Circuit Court's COVID-19 information and updates.
The Clerk and Comptroller provides online marriage services.
Online Marriage Application - Both Florida and non-Florida residents can save time by beginning the marriage license application process online, at any time of the day or night. Then, come to the Clerk and Comptroller's office within 60 days to have your Marriage License issued. Once there, you will sign and receive your paper marriage license. Learn more about how to get a marriage license, including requirements, what to bring, options to save you time and money, and what to expect.
Online Marriage Records - Search Sarasota County Marriage Records online. For older marriage records, or to order certified copies, contact the Clerk and Comptroller's Public Access Department.
Wedding Ceremonies Temporarily Suspended - Due to COVID-19 precautions, in person marriage ceremonies at the courthouse have been temporarily suspended. Sign up to receive eNews and Announcements from the Sarasota County Clerk and Comptroller to receive updates and notification once in-person marriage ceremonies resume.
The U.S. Department of State Passport Services closed all passport acceptance agencies on March 19, 2020. The Sarasota County Clerk of the Circuit Court and County Comptroller is responding in support of this guidance by not accepting passport applications until further notice by the U.S. Department of State.
eRecording - The Clerk and Comptroller accepts documents for recording (deeds, mortgages, Notices of Commencement) in the Sarasota County Official Records through and electronic filing solution: eRecording. Learn how to prepare a document for recording, current recording requirements, and how to eRecord a document into Sarasota County's Official Records.
Small Business Administration (SBA) Loans - Executive Order 20-95 Provides for Suspension of Documentary Stamps for Small Business Administration (SBA) loans. If you are submitting a Note or Written Obligation to be recorded on behalf of a small business citing the Title I CARES Act, it would be helpful to notate the document as such and / or incorporate a note to the recorder stating documentary stamps are suspended pursuant to Executive Order 20-95.
Notice of Commencement (NOC)
- Filing Your Notice of Commencement
Those in need of a building permit who want to record a Notice of Commencement, please inquire how to electronically file, or mail your Notice to the Clerk and Comptroller.
- Verifying Recorded Notice of Commencement
To see whether a Notice of Commencement has been recorded, search the Sarasota County Official Records by name. Allow 1-2 business days for processing.
- Obtaining Certified Copy of Notice of Commencement
- We'll send to Building Department for you - The Recording office will send a certified copy of your NOC to the appropriate building department, via electronic means, within 1-2 business days to eliminate any additional delay.
- We'll return original NOC to you - Your original Notice of Commencement, and a certified copy will be mailed to you after recording.
Tax Deed sales are conducted online through a secure tax deed property auction service. The first online tax deed sale will be held Thursday, June 25, 2020, at 9:00 a.m. For additional information, visit our Tax Deed Services page or email the Tax Deed department.
Entrance to the Clerk and Comptroller's office is permitted to make tax deed auction deposits and payments by cash only. For all others, pay online through the auction service or mail your payment.
Sarasota County Clerk and Comptroller
Attn: Tax Deeds
P. O. Box 3079
Sarasota, FL 34230-3079
We strongly encourage individuals with traffic tickets or other outstanding court-ordered financial obligations, who are facing a hardship, to contact our office at 941-861-7400 to discuss the various options that may be available to you, such as reasonable payment plans. We know these are uncertain times for many, and our office is committed to working with you on a plan that best meets your circumstances.
You may enter the office to make cash payments only for fines or court costs. For all others, pay online or mail your payment.
Sarasota County Clerk and Comptroller
Attn: Traffic & Fines
P. O. Box 3079
Sarasota, FL 34230-3079
To receive Clerk and Comptroller News and Announcements delivered directly to your inbox -- including the latest news, announcements, and alerts -- sign up for eNews and Announcements below.