If you are interested in providing premarital counseling services to couples who wish to be married, here are the steps to register as a Premarital Course Provider with the Sarasota County Clerk and Comptroller.
- Be a qualified premarital course instructor, according to Florida Statutes 741.0305, such as:
- Psychologist, licensed under Florida Statute Chapter 490;
- Clinical social worker, licensed under Florida Statute Chapter 491;
- Marriage and family therapist, licensed under Florida Statute Chapter 491;
- Mental health counselor, licensed under Florida Statute Chapter 491;
- Official representative of a religious institution recognized under Florida Statute 496.404(19) with relevant training; or
- Provider designated by a judicial circuit, including but not limited to, school counselors who are certified to offer such courses.
- Provide a statement regarding your relevant training, if you represent a religious institution.
- File a notarized Premarital Course Provide Affidavit with the Sarasota County Clerk and Comptroller.
Sarasota County Clerk and Comptroller
Attn: Marriage Licenses
P.O. Box 3079
Sarasota, FL 34230-3079
Once your notarized Premarital Course Provider Affidavit is received, your contact information will be added to the directory of Registered Premarital Course Providers available for viewing online.