Our Commitment to Accessibility
The Clerk of the Circuit Court and County Comptroller (Sarasota Clerk and Comptroller) is committed to ensuring the accessibility of its website for people with disabilities. The Sarasota Clerk and Comptroller is actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of the website and, in doing so, adheres to many of the available standards and guidelines.
In order to further our commitment to non-discrimination, we continuously update the website to ensure the site conforms to World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA. Such guidelines detail best practices for ensuring users of assistive-technology can access the site. The guidelines also make the site more user-friendly for all people, including those who use text-based browsers, low-end processors, slow modem connections, or who do have have state-of-the-art computer equipment.
Due to integration with external vendors, areas within the site remain beyond the Sarasota Clerk and Comptroller's control. Until the integration with these external vendors is resolved, the Sarasota Clerk and Comptroller can only achieve a partial level of conformance according to WCAG.
To improve accessibility for visitors with disabilities, the Sarasota Clerk and Comptroller utilizes the following tools throughout this website.
- Responsive Design ensures webpages automatically resize for all devices, including mobile and tablet devices.
- Alternative Text ("Alt" Tags) are utilized by screen readers to describe images, where appropriate, to people with visual impairments.
- Headings provide users a quick way to navigate and understand the structure of a page.
- Links throughout this site are written to let users know if a link will go to another page or open a document.
- Language Translation is built into every page. Simply select your preferred language from the Translate menu at the top of the website.
- Simplified Language allows for easier understanding and aids in readability.
- Free Readers, provided throughout this site, give users the software required to access documents on this website.
Accessibility Feedback or Assistance
The Sarasota Clerk and Comptroller welcomes comments on how to improve our website's accessibility for users with disabilities. If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader, a Braille reader, or TTY) and the format of any material on our website interferes with your ability to access the information, or if you need information provided in an alternative format, please let us know via one of the methods listed below.
- Complete our Accessibility Feedback / Assistance form
- Contact us by email: ClkWeb@sarasotaclerkandcomptroller.com
- Contact the Public Access Department by phone: 941-861-7400
- Contact us by mail:
Sarasota Clerk and Comptroller
Attn: Public Access
P.O. Box 3079
Sarasota, FL 34230-3079