NOTICE: Limited Services Available Due to COVID-19 - Effective March 23, 2020
Clerk and Comptroller's Offices Conducting Limited Business to the Public
EFFECTIVE MARCH 23, 2020
YOU MAY ENTER THE OFFICE IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF ONE OF THESE SERVICES:
- Seeking Emergency Court Order for temporary injunction for domestic violence.
- Seeking Emergency Order regarding mental health issues.
- Emergency relief: Evictions or Child Pick Up Order (persons not represented by an attorney).
- Fines or court costs: Cash payments only for fines or court costs. For all others, pay online or mail your payment.
- Marriage applications: NO CEREMONIES WILL BE CONDUCTED.
RECORDING OFFICE SERVICES
FOR NOTICES OF COMMENCEMENT:
Those in need of a building permit who want to record a Notice of Commencement, please inquire how to electronically file, or mail your Notice to the Clerk and Comptroller, attention Recording Office.
The Recording Office will send your certified copy to the building department via electronic means to eliminate any additional delay. If you prefer to have your certified copy mailed to you, please advise at the time you are sending your recordable document to the office.
In an effort to stop the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, the Sarasota Clerk of the Circuit Court and County Comptroller is limiting services to the public. Members of the public are urged to conduct their business online, via various e-services solutions, by phone, or by mail.
- GO ONLINE: www.SarasotaClerk.com
- INQUIRE BY PHONE: 941-861-7400
- USE THE MAIL: P.O. Box 3079, Sarasota, FL 34230-3079
For up-to-date information about the Clerk and Comptroller's response to COVID-19, visit our COVID-19 Information page.
Thank you, stay safe and healthy.
Karen E. Rushing
Clerk of the Circuit Court and County Comptroller
Sign up for eNews
Sign up for eNews from the Sarasota County Clerk and Comptroller.
The Clerk of the Circuit Court and County Comptroller's office publishes alerts, articles, and e-mail notifications covering topics of importance to our customers. Clerk's Corner, a monthly column for the legal community, is published in The Docket , the official newspaper of the Sarasota County Bar Association, while other business and community outreach topics are shared through state, regional and local media, and public events.