Effective March 23, 2020, the Clerk and Comptroller's office is limiting in-person services due to COVID-19, and requests that citizens do business with this office online, by phone or by mail. The Clerk and Comptroller offers various eService solutions and online access to some public records to meet your business needs.
In addition to e-Services, the Clerk and Comptroller offers citizens various, convenient service locations throughout Sarasota County to conduct their business. To determine which location(s) to visit, select the service you need from the Department drop-down list below. Click on a location for directions and parking information.
Main Office, Clerk of Court Services, County Recorder, AdministrationServices:
- Court Records
- Criminal Court
- Family Law - Divorce, Child Support, & Paternity
- Human Resources
- Marriage Licenses & Ceremonies
- Official Records
- Passports & Photos
- Probate, Wills, Guardianship, & Mental Health
- Restraining Orders
- Small Claims
- Tax Deed Sales
- Traffic & Fines
The Clerk and Comptroller's main office is located in Sarasota County Historic Courthouse, on the southeast corner of Main Street and U.S. 301 (a.k.a. Washington Boulevard).
Address: 2000 Main Street, Sarasota, FL 34237
View a location map of the Sarasota County Historic Courthouse.
Clerk and Comptroller Departments
- Customer Services - 1st floor, Room 102
- Public Access Records - 1st floor, Room 103
From Tampa / Ft. Myers:
- Take I-75 to exit 210 (FL-780 W / Fruitville Road - Toward Sarasota / St. Armand's, Mote Aquarium / Gulf Beaches).
- Travel approximately 5 miles west to East Avenue.
- Turn left on East Avenue, heading south.
- Turn right on Main Street, heading east.
- The Sarasota County Historic Courthouse will be on your left.
Customer parking for the Clerk and Comptroller's Sarasota Main Office is available on Main Street, Ringling Boulevard, in the nearby Sarasota County Parking Garage, and throughout the Judicial District.
Please Note: All parking is subject to time limits and parking enforcement, except within the parking garage.
- Main Street: On-street parking available.
- Main Street Parking Lot:
Northeast corner of Main Street and U.S. 301 / Washington Blvd., directly across Main Street from the Historic Courthouse. Enter from Fletcher Avenue.
- Ringling Boulevard: On-street parking available.
- Sarasota County Parking Garage:
Southeast corner of Ringling Boulevard and School Avenue, one block east of the Historic Courthouse. Enter from School Avenue. Parking available in the lot and on five floors of parking garage.
Address: 2150 Ringling Boulevard, Sarasota, FL 34237.
View a location map of the Sarasota County Parking Garage.
Parking designated for those displaying a disabled parking permit or plate is available in the following locations.
Please Note: Disabled parking is subject to time limits and parking enforcement.
- Ringling Boulevard, on-street parking:
North side, adjacent to the main entrance to the Historic Courthouse, two spaces.
This provides street-level access to the Clerk and Comptroller's office.
- Main Street, on-street parking:
South side, between the Historic Courthouse and the Sheriff's Jail entrance, one space.
This provides ramp-access to the Law and Order Cafe and the Historic Courtroom.
- Main Street, County Surface Parking Lot:
Northeast corner of Main Street and U.S. 301 (a.k.a. Washington Blvd.), multiple spaces.
Visitors to the Clerk and Comptroller's office will need to cross Main Street.
- Clerk and Comptroller's Office at Sarasota County Historic Courthouse
Street-level access to the Clerk and Comptroller's office is from the Ringling Boulevard entrance only.
- Sarasota County Historic Courtroom and Law and Order Cafe
Ramp-access to the Historic Courtroom and the Law and Order Cafe is available from the east side of the Historic Courthouse, accessible from Main Street.