The Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller funding sources and budgetary approval process have evolved to become specific to the functional responsibility. Portions of the budget have different revenue sources, different expenditure rules and different approval authorities:
- Clerk of the Court Corporation (CCOC): Court-related services are funded from a portion of the court fines and fees the Clerk and Comptroller collects, with the remainder of monies going primarily to fund judicial operations throughout the state.
- Sarasota County Board of County Commissioners: This fund is used to account for functions that support the Sarasota County Board of County Commissioners (BOCC), such as Clerk and Accountant to the Board, County Auditor and Treasurer. This is funded solely by transfers from the Board.
- Recording and Other Non-Court Fund: This funds the functions of the County Recorder, such as recording legal instruments, maintaining official records, issuing marriage licenses, performing marriage ceremonies, processing passport applications, etc.
Budget Report Presentation
The budget for Clerk and Comptroller county-funded operations, (“General Fund”) is presented to the Board of County Commissioners each year as part of Sarasota County’s budget hearing process.
- FY2019 Budget Report Presented to Sarasota County
- FY2018 Budget Report Presented to Sarasota County
- FY2017 Budget Report Presented to Sarasota County
- FY2016 Budget Report Presented to Sarasota County
- FY2015 Budget Report Presented to Sarasota County
The Annual Budget details the Clerk and Comptroller’s annual budget, by fiscal year.