Instructions for Application with the Clerk of the Circuit and County Comptroller
NOTE: All applicants must appear in person for a passport, including minors.
If applying ONLY for a U.S. Passport Card:
NOTE: The Passport Card may only be used for land and sea travel between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean.
For a First Time Passport Card Application you will need:
Completed Application Form (DS-11)
This form must be completed in black ink.
The DS-11 form can be obtained from the Clerk of the Circuit Court and County Comptroller's office or by accessing the following website: http://travel.state.gov/passport/forms/ds11/ds11_842.html.
If you are 16 years of age or older:
- $30.00 in the form of personal check, money order, or cashiers check (NO CASH OR CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED) payable to US Department of State
- $35.00 in the form of cash, credit card, check, money order, or cashiers check made payable to the Clerk of the Circuit Court and County Comptroller
If you are 15 years of age or younger:
- $15.00 in the form of personal check, money order, or cashiers check (NO CASH OR CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED) payable to U.S. Department of State.
- $35.00 in the form of case, credit card, check, money order, or cashier check made payable to the Clerk of the Circuit Court and County Comptroller
Proof of US Citizenship
- Certified Copy of your United States birth certificate with a raised seal. (Please note that hospital birth certificates are not acceptable.)
- Long form birth certificates are required for minors and must list both parents names.
- Original foreign birth certificates translated into English.
- Original United States Naturalization certificate.
One Passport Photo
Passport photo services are offered by the Clerk of the Circuit Court and County Comptroler for the customer's convenience. Photos are standard passport size (2 x 2), full color, and meet all the guidelines and requirements of the U.S. Department of State for acceptance of passports. No appointment is necessary; cost including tax is $10.70. Passport photos are also available at most printing supply stores or camera shops. Be sure to ask if they are passport quality photographs.
Form of Personal Identification
The following documents are generally acceptable if they readily identify the customer:
- Previous U.S. Passport
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Government employee identification card (Federal, State, municipal)
- Driver License (not temporary nor learners permit)
- Aircraft pilots license issued by the Department of Transportation, FAA
- Official military identification card
A photocopy of the valid form of identification (ID), showing the front and back of the ID and provided on plain white 8 1/2 x 11" paper must be sent in with the passport application(s). Upon request, the Clerk and Comptroller's office can provide the customer a copy of the ID for a $1.00 service fee.
Note: If you apply at an acceptance facility and submit out-of-state primary identification, you must also present an additional ID document. For example, if you apply for a passport in FL with a NY state driver's license, you must present additional identification, which may consist of a Social Security card, credit card, or employee ID.