Haga clic aqui para Espanol
*Anyone who needs interpreting services must provide their own interpreter.
Welcome to the e-Marriage page of the Sarasota County Clerk of the Circuit Court and County Comptroller's Office. Now that you have made the decision to enter into matrimony, Congratulations and Best Wishes are in order!
This self-service kiosk provides a quick and efficient e-Marriage license application designed to improve the process by eliminating the need to stand in line. After all, it is a special event and we want to help make it easy and hassle-free. When you complete the application at this self-service kiosk, the information will be sent electronically to the Customer Service Representative. I would like to extend my personal wishes for a long and happy life.
--Karen E. Rushing, Clerk of the Circuit Court and County Comptroller
e-Marriage Self-Service Kiosks
Self-service kiosks, located in the Customer Service area at the Clerk and Comptroller's business offices provide a quick and efficient e-Marriage license application option. E-Marriage kiosks are designed to improve the process by eliminating the need to stand in line at the courthouse. The self-service e-Marriage license application process is not available through this website, as applicants are required to appear in person. Forms are not available for printing from this website, as the entire application process is electronic and available at the Clerk and Comptroller's offices. Below is a preview of what you will see when you log on to the self-service kiosks at one of our office locations:
Who Can Apply For A Marriage License?
- Any couple can apply for a marriage license who have not been declared incompetent
What Do We Need To Bring When We Apply For A Marriage License?
- Both the applicants need to be present when applying for a marriage license
- Applicants 18 years of age or older:
- Valid photo identification that shows the applicant's date of birth (driver's license, state ID, military ID, or passport)
- You must know your Social Security Number, if applicable
- If previously married, you must provide the day, month, and year the previous marriage ended
- Your signature will be required on the application
- Applicants 16-17 years of age must Click Here for additional requirements, OR
- Applicants under 16 years of age must Click Here for additional requirements.
Fees and Waiting Period
The cost for a marriage license in the State of Florida is $86.00. There is a three-day waiting period before the license is effective for Florida residents. If one or both of the parties take a four-hour premarital course the three-day waiting period is waived and the application fee is reduced to $61.00. A valid Certificate of Completion must be presented to the Clerk and Comptroller's office when applying for the marriage license.
Click here to access the Roster of Premarital Preparation Course Providers in Sarasota County. Additionally, the couple must read and sign a statement that they have read the 1999 Family Law Handbook.
Click here to complete a Marriage License application.