Our Commitment to Accessibility
The Clerk and Comptroller is committed to making this website accessible to all visitors and compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 508 Accessibility Standards.
Accessible web design benefits visitors using assistive technology, text-based browsers, low-end processors, slow modem connections, or who do not have state-of-the-art computer equipment.
To improve accessibility for visitors with disabilities, the Sarasota County Clerk and Comptroller utilizes the following tools throughout this website.
- Responsive Design ensures webpages automatically resize for all devices, including mobile and tablet devices.
- Alternative Text ("Alt" Tags) are utilized by screen readers to describe images, where appropriate, to people with visual impairments.
- Headings provide users a quick way to navigate and understand the structure of a page.
- Links throughout this site are written to let users know if a link will go to another page or open a document.
- Language Translation is built into every page. Simply select your preferred language from the Translate menu at the top of the website.
- Simplified Language allows for easier understanding and aids in readability.
- Free Readers, provided throughout this site, give users the software required to access documents on this website.
Comments or Feedback
The Clerk and Comptroller welcomes comments on how to improve our website's accessibility for users with disabilities. If you use assistive technology and the format of any material on our website interferes with your ability to access the information, we encourage you to share your accessibility concerns and feedback with the Webmaster.