|Note: Starting March 3, 2014, Sarasota County is performing construction near the Public Parking Garage entrance on School Avenue. Citizens reporting for Jury Duty in Sarasota, and parking in the adjacent parking garage, are being advised to use caution, and plan extra time for commuting to jury service. Click here for more information.
Location & Parking
Judge Lynn N. Silvertooth
2002 Ringling Boulevard
Sarasota, FL 34237
(Parking is available in the Sarasota County public parking garage on School Avenue and Ringling Blvd.)
Robert L. Anderson Administration Center
4000 South Tamiami Trail
Venice, FL 34293
(Parking is available in the open lot behind the building.)
North County (Sarasota) Juror Instructions
Call this number (941) 861-5879 after 5:00PM the day prior to your report date for instructions.
South County (Venice) Juror Instructions
Call this number (941) 861-3166 after 5:00PM the day prior to your report date for instructions.
The jury staff cannot anticipate how long jury service will be, so please plan on being in attendance the entire day.
All courtrooms are air-conditioned and may require a jacket or sweater. Proper attire must be worn in the courtroom. NO shorts, flip flops, tank tops or bathing attire will be allowed.
Jurors summoned to Sarasota, FL (North County--Judicial Center) are instructed to park in the Sarasota County public parking garage, located on the corner of Ringling Boulevard and School Avenue. Floors 1 and 2 are assigned for jurors as a courtesy, although any parking level may be used. Please display your juror parking permit (located on the Jury Summons) on the dashboard of your car.
Jurors summoned to Venice, FL (South County--R. L. Anderson Administration Building) are asked to park in the open lot behind the building.
Before reporting, check with your employer to see if you are paid your regular wages during jury service.
- Jurors who continue to receive regular wages during jury service will not receive compensation for the first three days of service.
- If you are not employed or do not continue to receive wages, you will be paid $15.00 per day for the first three days. After three days of service, all jurors are paid $30.00 per day.
- There is no additional compensation for mileage.
Upon request, you may be excused for any of the following reasons:
Please return the jury summons to the Jury Office and advise in writing that you have been summoned and are not eligible to serve. To reschedule or defer your service, complete the Juror Excuse Statement and return it by mail to the Jury Office. Reschedule date may not exceed six months from your original summons date.
- Expectant Mother
- Parent who is not employed full time and has custody of a child under 6 years of age
- Full time law enforcement officer or such entities' investigative personnel
- Served as a juror in Sarasota County within the last 365 days
- Person responsible for care of another incapable of caring for themselves
- 70 years of age or older and wishes not to report; at this time or permanently
You are ineligible to serve if you:
- Are not a citizen of the United States;
- No longer reside in Sarasota County;
- Are a convicted felon and civil rights have not been restored;
- Are under prosecution for any crime;
- Do not possess a valid Florida drivers license, or identification card, or have not filed an affidavit;
- Have been adjudicated incompetent, with competency not restored.
American Disabilities Act (ADA)
If you are a person with a disability who needs any accommodation in order to participate in this proceeding, you are entitled, at no cost to you, to the provision of certain assistance. Please contact the Sarasota County Jury Office, P.O. Box 3079, Sarasota, Florida 34230-3079, (941) 861-7400, at least seven (7) days before your scheduled court appearance, or immediately upon receiving this notification if the time before the scheduled appearance is less than seven (7) days; if you are hearing or voice impaired, please call 711.